Finding the perfect exfoliating tool may feel like a never ending job. I have used product after product searching for the elusive Perfect Exfoliator. See the good and not so good shower exfoliators I have found so far.
I am tough on my skin and don’t give it nearly enough attention. When neglected, my skin is prone to ingrown hairs and stays dry and flaky. Exfoliating every few days keeps my skin cells from building up and causing those extremely annoying ingrown hairs.
I love making natural homemade body scrubs and tend to use these more often than other products. But when I don’t have the time to throw one together it is handy to have the right tools ready to get the job done.
EcoTools Dry Brush
All of ECOTOOLS products are made cruelty free and with recycled materials.
The dry brush from ECOTOOLS is an amazing pre-shower exfoliator. This dry brush is designed with synthetic bristles to exfoliate and smooth for soft, glowing skin.
The Benefits Of Dry Brushing
- Increasing the circulation to the skin reduces the appearance of cellulite. Cellulite is toxic material accumulated in your body’s fat cells. Reducing these pockets of toxic build up is on the top of most womens beauty wish list. Try this brush out for 30 days to see the difference it can make for you!!
- Dry body brushing helps shed dead skin cells (and encourages new cell renewal), which results in smoother and brighter skin. It can also help with any pesky ingrown hairs.
- It assists in improving vascular blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. By releasing toxins, it encourages the body’s discharge of metabolic wastes so the body is able to run more effectively.
- It helps with muscle tone and gives you a more even distribution of fat deposits.
- Dry skin brushing helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores.
- And, in my experience, dry body brushing first thing in the morning can actually set up a perfect day! By doing something solely for yourself first thing in the morning, you can develop a beautiful follow-through effect. Try starting with a morning boost detox drink – do this to boost all the good work you just did?
I love The Story behind the brand ECOTOOLS.
Started by 2 sisters with a mission to create an environmentally friendly, chic + high quality, yet still affordable brush set. They recycled materials, renewable bamboo, and use the best manufacturing processes.
At EcoTools® — we encourage you to embrace your own individual meaning of beauty and share it with the world —
Because when you feel truly beautiful, you will make the world and everyone around you feel beautiful!ECOTOOLS STORY
The Bathery Charcoal-Infused Gentle Facial Brush
Plastic hand-held facial exfoliating tool from Target.
- charcoal-infused bristles
- ergonomic handle
- ideal for sensitive skin
The ultra-soft bristles are made for sensitive skin and the ergonomic handle ensures a secure hold for controlled daily deep pore cleansing. I enjoy using this facial brush because it fits into the palm of my hand nice and always leaves my face feeling extra smooth.
- Hard To Clean
- Leaves my skin a little Dry
Overall this is a nice deep cleaning exfoliating tool for your face. I enjoyed using it while I had it but I will be on the lookout for something better.
The Bathery® 4-in-1 Foot Wand
- 4-in-1 foot tool eliminates the need for additional tools
- Removes rough skin to make your feet feel smooth
- Keeps your foot care tools organized and ready for use
I really enjoy having this foot wand in the shower. The metal file is amazing at getting thick callused skin from long walks on neglected feet. And using the pumice keeps your feet nice and smooth in between times when you need a real foot treatment and the scrub brush keeps my toes polished and pretty.
The only complaint I have is I happen to really dislike the bright colors and the fact that it is plastic. ( But Thanks Mom, I swear I love it!) I am currently on the lookout for something to replace my well-used and loved, in shower foot exfoliating tool.
Exfoliating Shower + Bath Mitt
Many different brands make this style. Not A Fan.
This is the second in shower exfoliating accessory I used and while it worked fine and opened my eyes to exfoliating tools, I am Not A Fan. I still like it better than the gloves but I wouldn’t recommend them by any means.
The mitt is loose and falls off easily. My small hands didn’t hold the bath mitt well, and I usually ended up just using like a rag. Bunching it up and scrubbing with it awkwardly.
This red moroccan clay pumice disk is a powerhouse of an exfoliation tool.
This little disk is amazing at softening the tougher areas of my body. Mainly my knees and elbows. I love how easy it fits in my hand.
I keep my knees and elbows soft, and my underarms bright, by using this little guy once a week. Slathering my body with Raw Honey in the shower is a favorite indulgence of mine. And by gently rubbing these problem areas with Skin Canteens Moroccan Clay Pumice Disk, while coated in honey of course, I keep them soft, smooth, and bright.
I love supporting small business and Skin Canteen is one shop I love recommending!
ECOTOOLS Cleansing Mitt
Natural Exfoliator that works great and is easy to use.
This is a great exfoliating accessory for in the shower! It is made of ramie natural fibre and molds to your hand when wet. The band fits nicely around your wrist so that it stays snug and is easy to keep on.
This cleansing mitt feels nice and soft when you buy it but it does get a little course after use. But I find this perfect for my legs. Especially before I epilate.
Woven Exfoliating Sponge
I find this sponge at my local commissary. It is a heavy duty exfoliating tool. While it has some major power, I feel like it may be too rough on the skin. Although I did enjoy using it when I felt I really needed a good scrub though.
The bad thing about it is that after only a few washes this cheap exfoliator will be pretty torn up. You can see in the photos what happened to mine after just a few scrubs!
The Exfoliating Glove
The tried and true, most popular option available.
Everybody loves these gloves. I do not.
It is not that they don’t work. They do and everyone recommends them for good reason.
- They offer a healthy exfolitaion when used daily
- Don’t over-exfoliate your skin.
- They are cheap
- They are widely available
- They are easy to use
So what don’t I like about them?
I am all about efficiency. It may be a bit ridiculous, saying that I feel this way.. BUT I can’t stand having to put on a pair of gloves in the shower!! Seriously, I just want to grab something and get to scrubbing!
They feel dirty to me. I don’t know why I feel this way about this one and not most of the others but after just one use I want to toss them.
So which of these Exfoliating Tools do I Recommend?
The ECOTOOLS Dry Brush By Far!
Dry brushing is the easiest and most beneficial way I have found to keep skin firm, healthy and ready to Glow!