Packing a Bento Box Lunch for your family can be a total game-changer. Not only will you reap the health benefits, but you will save invaluable time and a butt-load of money.
When I started forcing myself out in to the world with my littles my entire life changed. I was happier, the kids we’re happier, and the bonding was immense. We grew stronger together, emotionally and physically.
There was only one big problem. Food.
I was spending money every single time we went out on food. And feeding myself and three hungry kids is not cheap. Not to mention, finding healthy options isn’t always the easiest thing to do. Too many times did we opt for cheap McDonalds burgers or nuggets. That was a minimum of $10 and a health bomb every time we went out.
So I began the hunt for a Bento Box that I could easily tote around on our adventures. It needed a few things to qualify:
- stainless steel
- easy enough for the kids to open
- easy to clean
- big enough for the family
- leak proof
Enter this bad boy.
The Unichart Bento Box Lunch Containers comes with 3 tiers you can mix n match. Stainless steel makes it an easy clean and the top lid is leak proof. It has been a total game changer for our daily adventures.
Although this Bento Box has a few quirks, like not all the lids being leakproof, and being a bit large when all tiers are stacked, it is the best one I have used yet.
Eating healthy is a priority for my family and this put me back in control of our lunches. Fruits, veggies, and nuts are the majority of what I like to pack in our lunch. My favorite way to pack our Bento Box is to put rice on the bottom, then our veggies in the middle container and the top with fruits or tortillas.
Super simple lunch and an amazing way to watch your budget. If you need some Kid Friendly Lunch Ideas check out The Everymoms 15 Easy Bento Box Lunch Ideas for Your Kids.
My Favorite Time to Bond With The Kids… Snack Time
Another big part of packing our own lunch is how earth conscious it is. We have been working towards zero waste for a while and it can be a challenge. But waste free living doesn’t have to be hard, time consuming, or break the bank. In fact, I find it does quite the opposite in my life.
Here a few products I got to go with our Bento Boxes that made our lunch zero waste possible.
- Re-Usable Bamboo Cutlery in a Travel Carry Case. I bought 2 of these 2 packs of bamboo fork sets for my family. Each comes with a fork, spoon, knife, bamboo straw and cleaner brush all wrapped up in a nice canvas carry case.
- Reusable Metal Stainless Steel Straws. This set of environmentally friendly reusable drinking straws is convenient, durable and long lasting. It includes 4 metal straws, 2 wooden cases and 2 cleaning brushes. We carry these metallic straws with us everywhere now to eliminate our use of throwaway plastic straws.
- Bee’s Wrap Paper Food Saver These washable reusable wax papers are a super cute and easy way to save your food. They are a sustainable, natural alternative to plastic wrap. Wrap up cheese, fruit, vegetables, and bread. We use them to cover an extra bowl or take small snacks when the lunch boxes aren’t needed.
So if you haven’t picked up a bento lunch box for your adventures make sure to grab one soon. They make for a great way to enjoy a lunch with your kids in unique places and bond in amazing ways.
Check out some of our families Hawaii Adventures to see all the places we first took our Bento Box!